Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2022

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 May 2022 14:21 #5512 by JerryRuff

Clam Bait Surf Fishing - KEEPER STRIPED BASS OVER THE RAINBOW - Open Beach Striper. The striped bass came in with the tide on the open surf beach. Worked the clam baits with circle hooks today. Had a slurry of schoolies and pulled out a keeper. Light biting fish. Just a double tap pause. Fairly usual for a striped bass. High rigging clam up on the leader helped and was key to the day. Keeper on the other side of the rainbow. Cool! Some stuff in there on rigging, hooks used, circle hook set, and of course some fishing!

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
5/o GAMAKATSU CIRCLE HOOKS - amzn.to/3wux2gV
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above ***

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
19 May 2022 14:25 #5513 by JerryRuff

TALES OF THE SEA - SNAKY DRAMA ON BOARD the OLD JON BOAT!!! I never been one for drama but sometimes you just can't avoid the drama. I set out on the big water and a big old snake pokes his head out at me. I am not a snake guy so I have no clue. I ran into a few rattlers in my time so I know it ain't one of them. Feeling uneasy. The fishing was good. Had a few beautiful pickerel, missed a few good strikes and one clean bite of. Plenty of small lost crappie around and of course the bluegill. I was tying a countdown on and in the corner of me eye I see the 4 foot beast slithering along the rail! Enough! Now I am really uneasy. I could tell he was more calm then me and that made me even more uneasy. Armed with the net I rustled him out but not without fight. Finally, he slipped over the rail, into the water, and swam onto land. Sitting here half asleep writing and thinking about him. He seemed to calm. Not worried about me at all until I chased him out with the old net. Almost like he was enjoying my company. No way am I going to have a crazy old snake sit behind me while I fish.

• JerryRuff
More
21 May 2022 12:29 #5514 by JerryRuff

Night of the Giants - 50 POUND STRIPED BASS - Big, Biggest & Bigger Striper Fishing. The night started with a few skates and ended with a dogfish. The striped bass came in like the top of the tide. Big, biggest and bigger. This was the night. In this night I got to see one of the largest striped bass I have seen in a while. I was so excited I never took the time to measure the trophy striper. Time changes. No real measure of length or girth. My Squidder had a smaller proportion as the great fishes small gill plate. The small gill plate. Not the large gill plate. The large plate was larger then a 16/o Senator. The tail on the great striper was over a foot long and far far larger then both my hands held together and flared like a dove, and then some. I took a few seconds which felt like minutes to scan the great fish with my hands like a blind man for 2 reasons. One to admire, and second to store the fishes great proportion in another memory bank. I can not say for sure she was 50 pounds. I can say for sure she was well over 40 pounds and possible over 60 pounds landing me at 50 pounds. It don't really matter to me. It was a great fish. Take a minute, but get them back as quick as you can.

• JerryRuff
More
25 May 2022 11:40 #5515 by JerryRuff

Largemouth Bass, Crappie & Pickerel - JON BOAT FISHING - Known, Unknown & Semi Known Unknown. One of the things I love most about fishing be that you will never know anything. I got a new bucket which made me think. What you do know is nothing more then a few drops in a bucket. And that bucket always has a hole in it. So don't never think you will ever fill your bucket. If you ever have the disillusion your bucket is full that's when the fun stops. Many, most or sometimes I like to take a stab in the dark. I fished a unknown to me beautiful cover after catching a few largemouth bass in the known. The gamble did not pay off. Don't matter I will do it again, and again, and again... I played the semi known unknown card which did pay off. Had a beautiful bass and pickerel before heading back. I always enjoy exploring new waters. Makes me feel like David Crockett. The bigger the water the more to explore. I can only imagine. It never ends.jon boat fishing largemouth bass pickerel crappie known unknown finding fish

• JerryRuff
More
28 May 2022 00:36 #5516 by JerryRuff

Tim's 7 Year Cycle - BLUEFISH & FLUKE PIER DOUBLE HEADER - Jigging with The Fishing Ham. There is something to a 7 year cycle. I ran into Tim the Fishing Ham. He told me caught his first bluefish 7 years ago to the day. I thought that was so cool. I needed a change of scenery and said come on lets take a ride and fish the pier till sunset. The fishing was slow but Tim managed to pull out a double header. A double header bluefish & Fluke that is a BLUKE! 7 Years to the day. The cycle is complete, and on to the next. I Feel blessed to be a part of the experience. Thanks Tim! Check Tim's channel out he is a excellent angler and does some pretty cool fishing you will like - www.youtube.com/c/FishingHam

• JerryRuff
More
30 May 2022 11:39 #5517 by JerryRuff

Beating Out the Storm - FIRST BLUEFISH OF THE SEASON - Fighting Rain, Wind & Cold. Finally. We got that first bluefish of the season. It was not easy. I tried. I know they were around some times and places better then others but easy fishing is not what I am looking for. I fish a lot like you all and proud of it. I don't chase bites. I take each day for what it is and work the water hard. That is fishing. Each day and the water all its own. I like that. It was stormy out. Rainy. Windy. I am here so we gave it hell. Wet. Cold. Casting, casting, casting. Finally, bluefish on! All more the sweet when you Fish Your Way.

• JerryRuff
More
01 Jun 2022 11:30 #5518 by JerryRuff

Fast Bluefish Bite - CHASING BIRDS & BAIT - Fishing a Fast Blue Fish Bite. Some days you have to do what you have to do to. Fish are going to do what fish do, birds are going to do what birds do, and people are going to do what people do. Just how it is. When I saw the small pods of birds while looking for bluefish I knew in my mind the best way at the blues was to try and join the birds. Missed one blue fish on the minnow. Hooked up with a few bluefish on the diamond jig. Dropped another bluefish. Well I can't fly so I had to run. It worked. Fast. Not fast fishing, but everything else was fast. The opportunity was fast, I had to work fast, and it all ended fast. Bluefish.

• JerryRuff
More
04 Jun 2022 12:13 #5519 by JerryRuff

The Mag Darter Blues - BLUEFISH & FLUKE - Waiting on Tide Storm & Rain. Wait, the only thing you need to do. Thats what I had to do. Waiting on the storms, the tide, the rain, and of course the bluefish. I knew there were a few bluefish out there. While playing around with the Mag Darter I almost pulled out a nice fat keeper fluke. The summer flounder must have swam up a good 10 feet to eat it. A few robins soon after kept it busy along with a walk and finally a couple of bluefish I was looking for. Wait, many things in life are as such and all of them good.

MAG DARTER - amzn.to/3Q0YCLB
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above ***

• JerryRuff
More
07 Jun 2022 13:28 #5520 by JerryRuff

Big Largemouth Bass Fishing - 20 POUND + STRINGER - Finesse Fishing the Berkley 4" Power Worm. I would say 90% of the largemouth bass fishing I do, I do with the plastic worm. Some days I like a bigger worm. This day I went with the smaller 4" Berkley finesse style Powerworm that yielded a stringer of 20 pounds plus of big large mouth bass. The fish were spread out on different kinds of drops and structures that largemouth bass love. Not a fast bite all all but a good quality working for bite that I enjoy best. I got to the worm when I fish spot specific structure. Meaning, I give the worm a short time in a zone. If no response, I immediately retrieve back, cast, and work another zone in that structure. Big and small large mouth bass will take a worm immediately if they are there. i will say there is no lure better then the plastic worm for big largemouth bass. Period.

4" BERKLEY POWER WORM - amzn.to/3Nu8KuI
7" BERKLEY POWER WORM - amzn.to/3Q6IkkH

• JerryRuff
More
09 Jun 2022 15:09 #5521 by JerryRuff

Fishing Big NYC Jetty BLUEFISH on Custom Wood & the Daiwa SP Minnow. The bluefish for me this season has been a matter of working water and covering area. It has been a work out but I like working out there it is rewarding in more then one way. Had the big blues today and hooked up with another good fish on some custom wood. Both fish were on the line. Whats the line? Just look for lines in the water. all you need know do. They kind of creep in from the far and fish often follow. When those lines are in casting range that's your honey zone. A good outing!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds