Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2022

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2022 11:45 #5478 by JerryRuff

HERRING FISHING New Years Eve - HAPPY NEW YEAR - Watching the HERRINGS Drop. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I wonder how many times that was said today? I always try to get some fishing in New Years Eve or New Years Day if I can. If I don't catch anything it was a day well. No other way I would want to spend an end and start to a new New Year. If I catch something it is a super sign from the Great Seas in the Sky that the year is going to be a darn good one. I spent a few hours poking around for herring. It took a little but on the top of the tide in the same place where I caught my first herrings over 35 years ago on the old bridge the herring came through. May have had a few more but gonna try another day! Happy New Year! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below link is a paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
SABIKI RIG USED - amzn.to/3sOsX7e
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above. ***

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
04 Jan 2022 14:49 #5481 by JerryRuff

Cold Stormy Front - OLD FASHION HERRING FISHING - Full Racks & Bucket Filling Herrings. Today I thought back on a herring trip I did last season. It was a windy stormy snowing cold front and the herring fishing was insane. Conditions matched the day minus the snow. I decided to head on one of the nastiest days of the season. Did it pay off. First, second, and third casts all full racks of herring. The fishing went as such through the tide. The snow held off. Bitter cold and windy. Had my limit today which I decided was a 2.5 gallon Dunkin' Donuts bucket. Just old fashion herring fishing. Now its time to clean some herring so I am going to keep this short. Old fashion herring fishing. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below link is a paid Amazon Affiliate Link ***
SABIKI RIG USED - amzn.to/3sOsX7e
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above. ***

• JerryRuff
More
08 Jan 2022 14:39 #5482 by JerryRuff

Easy Herring Cooking - BAKED HERRINGS MARINARA - Fresh Bake Sardines with Tomato Sauce. Baked herring marinara is one of my favorite ways to prepare herring in the winter. Its quick, easy, tasty and hearty. You can serve on bread, rice, pasta or your imaginations the limit. A few ingredients with little clean up makes this dish ideal for the angler on the go.

Ingredients
1-3 Pounds Fresh Herring Fillets
1 Big Can Crushed Tomatoes
12 Whole Baby Onions
6-12 Cloves Garlic - Crushed and Chopped
1 Big Sprig Parsley
Olive Oil, Enough to Cover Base of Pan
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preparation
1 - I like to use about a teaspoon of salt and let that saturated my herring fillets overnight. This is optional.
2 - Preheat oven to 375F to 425F degrees. If your in a rush go with a higher temp.
3 - Peel skin from baby onions. Crush and chop garlic. Chop parsley.
4 - Line bottom of pan with olive oil. Add ingredients from step 2. Add crushed tomatoes and salt and pepper to your taste.
5 - Place Pan in preheated oven for 20-40 minutes. Bake until a light even bubbling of sauce and cook 10 minutes more.
6 - Remove pan from over carefully and add herring fillets.
7 - Place pan with herring fillets back into oven for another 20-40 minutes.
8 - Remove from oven, let herring fillets settle and serve room temperature.

Serve with your favorite pasta, bread, rice or see what else we do! Baked herring marinara is a great way to prepare fresh delicious sardine fillets. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below link is a paid Amazon Affiliate Link ***
TUTTOROSSO CRUSHED TOMATOES - amzn.to/3FjsDQB

• JerryRuff
More
13 Jan 2022 15:11 #5483 by JerryRuff

Using Your Line Hand - FLY LINE MENDING - How to Take the Slack Out of Your Mend. Here is a quick fly fishing video with a quick thought on line mending or how to mend your fly line. Of course every video shows you how to flip your line about with your rod tip. However, your line mend will be more clean if you take out the slack in your fly line with your line hand first. You will find your mends to be clean and plush into your leader after you incorporate this simple step. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
17 Jan 2022 12:26 #5484 by JerryRuff

A Introduction to WORMS & WORM FISHING with Nightcrawlers, Earthworms & Red Wigglers. The fishing worm. Where to start? Worms are the start. Worms are fishing. Worms are great. If you never fished with worms you will never know fishing in its most pure form. Never be failed or fooled by worms. There are advanced techniques and thought that goes into worm fishing. The same level of thought a fly angler has when selecting his fly line on a cold cross winded day. Many may never have thought of worms as such. This is a start. In this video we discuss and see the 3 major worms or annelids to choose and some thought on rigging and species matching with some interesting tidbits mixed in. Enjoy!

02:00 RED WIGGLERS or RED WORM - Smallest and most fragile. A great worm for trout in moving streams and a good worm for all your panfish. Bluegills and smaller panfish often will tear them off your hook. Stores best in cooler temps. Easy to farm and fast reproducing.

05:40 EARTHWORM or NIGHTCRAWLER - Largest of the fishing worms. Crawlers are your best choice for walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass. A great choice for catfish in globs and a good worm for panfish when cut in pieces. The nightcrawler is my least favorite worm for trout but will produce if that's what you got. Stores and transports best in cooler temps. Can be defiant to farm and slow reproducing.

11:17 EUROPEAN NIGHTCRAWLERS - My first choice of worm in most situations. Hearty, heat resistant, transport and store great on most giving days. Excellent for trout and all panfish because of the tough epidermis. A very good worm for catfish, walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass. Stores and transports in the highest of temps great. Easy to farm and moderate reproducing.

Worms may not be for you but if you never fished with worms give them a try. Worm fishing is one of the most enjoyable things I love with a passion and happy to share with you! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
RED WIGGLERS - amzn.to/3A4h3HT
CANADIAN NIGHT CRAWLERS - amzn.to/3riEo4s
EUROPEAN NIGHT CRAWLERS - amzn.to/3fttS51
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate links above. ***

• JerryRuff
More
27 Jan 2022 14:29 #5485 by JerryRuff

How to Tie THE LONG ISLAND CALICO CRAB FLY or Any Crabby Flies - SIMPLE QUICK EASY. I don't use crab flies to often but when I do this is the one I like to use. The Long Island Calico Crab is quick and easy to tie in about 3 easy steps. Some dumbbell eyes, chicken feathers, yarn and your ready to do some fly fishing. The key points are to use some orange/white yarn for the body. Add a couple of red/brown claws and grizzly feathers for the legs (orange grizzly would be perfect but we use what we got and advocate you do the same until your next purchase,) some dumbbell eyes and you have a long Island Calico Crab fly.

05:13 - Tie in dumbbell eyes
06:37 - Add some claws
09:15 - Form the body
16:56 - Helicopter in legs
20:15 - Twist

The pattern is highly variable. Use some grizzly feathers for claws, white black and olive for the body and you have a Asian crab. You get the point. I will admit crab flies are on the bottom of my foam. I generally use the crab when everything else has failed. The crab flies cast great and you can have fun with your line and catch a fish the same time. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
YARN - amzn.to/3FXpmGW
DUMBBELL EYES - amzn.to/3H2QLIS
GRIZZLY FEATHERS - amzn.to/32uEj5B
ROOSTER FEATHERS - amzn.to/3FZGnjJ
EMERGER or NYMPH HOOK #6 - amzn.to/3u0LLR8
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate linkS above. ***

• JerryRuff
More
29 Jan 2022 13:36 #5486 by JerryRuff

How to Make 3 - SALTWATER FISHING RIGS for SURF PIER BANK - 3 Way Rig / Fish Finder / Hi Low - Hook Line & Sinker. Bait is great. These are the 3 saltwater fishing rigs I use all the time on surf, pier and bank. Hook, line and sinker is all you will need to make these rigs minus the fish finder rig. You can use these rigs for ANY and ALL saltwater fish east and west coast. I used big red fishing line with some big hooks so you get the idea how to tie these rigs which all can be used on surf pier and bank. The one knot (Surgeons Loop) I show is quick and easy to tie. The rest of the knots you choose are up to you.

02:06 3 Way Rig - Great for pier & bank, a reel filled with proper mono allows a quick tie for fast fishing or structured bottom
08:24 Fish Finder Rig - My favorite of all the rigs on the sandy beach
15:00 Hi-Low Rig - Show the fish 2 baits and you have an extra bait in case you get robbed

What hook line and sinker I use in real life fishing will differ trip to trip so please check my other videos. You will find more detail for your specific situation. Watch all at once or in sections as you need there is actually way much to discuss to cram everything about the rigs in here but this is so you get the jest of whats out there and you can accommodate no mater where in the world you fish. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
01 Feb 2022 12:48 #5487 by JerryRuff

Easy & Detailed - HOW TO SNELL A HOOK - Snelling Hooks Quick & Easy. This is exactly how I snell a hook. It may take a few tries to get the points of snelling a hook so I snell up a few hooks for you in this video pointing out fine details as we go. We talk about snelling a hook in detail. The first hook is a circle and we get get some good pointers down. the second hook is a J hook and we get some more detail. After watching this video you will be snelling hooks better then me. A snelled hook is a happy hook. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

KEY POINTERS
01:00 LOOP
02:00 WRAP
05:33 TWIST
06:12 HOLD KNOT
06:35 TIGHTEN

• JerryRuff
More
05 Feb 2022 13:43 #5488 by JerryRuff

How to Tie & Make Your Own SALTWATER FLY FISHING LEADER SYSTEM - Quick & Easy. In this video I show you how to tie the saltwater fly fishing leader I like to use. It is a saltwater fly fishing leader system. Versatile and durable. I use the same leader year after year. The saltwater fly fishing leader in this video can easily be tuned to any situation and made to your personal specification. Some simple monofilament line and a few knots and you have a salt water fly fishing leader for any kind of fishing with floating line. You can use as a freshwater fly fishing leader as well just match the mono to your app. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

KEY POINTERS
00:55 Material Used
01:19 How I tie my Saltwater fly fishing leaders
03:20 ***The Standard 8 foot fly fishing leader system***
03:54 2/3 Formula & make it any length
04:05 Knots
04:47 Tippet talk

• JerryRuff
More
08 Feb 2022 11:08 #5489 by JerryRuff

The Mysterious AUTOMATIC FLY FISHING REEL - A Quick Introduction - How to Spool & Fish with Form & Function. Besides being awesome and underutilized whats is the deal with the mysterious automatic fly fishing reel? I have a few vintage automatic fly reels I use every year. There are key aspects that make the automatics magnificent in some and useful in all situations. In this video we talk about the types, parts, function, pros & cons, and how to use a automatic fly fishing reel a few different ways. And we talk about the pros and of course there are some cons, enjoy. OH YES, I DID NOT MENTION, HIT THAT LEVER ON YOUR AUTOMATIC AND IT WILL REEL THE FISH IN FOR YOU! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds