Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2021 12:50 #5369 by JerryRuff

Wild Pickerel on board

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
05 Jun 2021 12:17 #5370 by JerryRuff

BLUEFISH on the ATOM POPPER - The MITCHELL GARCIA No. 410 - LIGHT SALTWATER SPIN FISHING. The bluefish are around and I was looking for fun. Had to pick. Fly fishing or give the old Garcia Mitchell No. 410 spinning reel a workout? The obvious choice via video was the Garcia Mitchell No. 410. The Garcia Mitchell No. 410 pulled its weight. Lots of 1 to 3 pound bluefish and a striped bass. Used the Atom Popper or Striper Swipe and culled fish until I lost the lure on a sad cast. The drag on the high speed Garcia Mitchell 410 was smooth and strong. Those bluefish in the ripping current had no problem taking some line. The reel had a beautiful click and tight gears on it. Tight and light. A overall great light saltwater spin fishing reel. I was hoping to tie into a 10 pound bluefish and work the drag maybe next time. Reely enjoyed the setup and working the topwater Atom Popper. Lots of talk in there on the old Garcia Mitchell No. 410. Enjoy. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
12 Jun 2021 12:39 #5371 by JerryRuff

Bait Lures & Storms - MIXED SALTWATER SURF FISHING - Bluefish Fluke Robins Shark & More! Just a bunch of clips of clips run down of some fun saltwater fishing. A little of everything in there. Some sea robins, skates, fluke, shark and of course bluefish! Some bait fishing and some lure fishing. Some topwater, swimmers and bucktails. Sure there is more in there. Oh yea, a few storms, its about that time of year for them! I hope you enjoy! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
16 Jun 2021 10:23 #5372 by JerryRuff

Largemouth Bass Worm Fishing - AMAZING BERKLEY POWERBAIT POWERWORM - The BIG MOUTHS Get BIG!!! Fishing worms are great. Sometimes Berkley Powerbait Powerworms are simply amazing. At the least the Powerworms are a goto bait for largemouth bass. Certainly on the top of my list. I have been using them on and off for a few decades and caught many and big bigmouth black bass with the powerworm over the years. This day as many I like to straight rig worms Texas style. But no worm weight when I can. Just a bent shank straight Gami worm hook size 4/0 is perfect. Light wire. On a good day I can fish the powerworm 15 or more feet down as such. Right in the range of the large mouths comfort zone. Weeds were the ticket. Fished the Berkley power worm in motor oil between 6-15 feet on the weeds and weed edges. The bass were all beauties getting big and bigger as the day went on. The worm ain't the ticket every day but I guarantee it will be the ticket most. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
19 Jun 2021 13:08 #5378 by JerryRuff

Playing with Wind Fly & Structure - SALTWATER FLY FISHING - Learn & Have Fun at the Same Time! It seems to be always windy out these days for some odd reason. Some say the wind helps the fishing. Others say the wind hurts the fishing. I say to the wind go fishing and Fish Your Way. Been itching to do some flu fishing and that I did. One area I had the wind to the line shoulder 18-22 mph. Another area I had it square to the back 20-22 mph. I think I got bonked in the back a few times. It happens so be care full. There were loads of sea robins about to play with the fly set up and they kept the day busy.

If you have not tried fly fishing now is the time to do it. The sea robins will keep you busy. You can enjoyably learn to fly fishing in most conditions and have a nice catch to boot. They can be hard fighters and willing biters at times. They are also tasty and can be cooked many ways. Use them to practice your cast, try new flies, and play with the wind conditions so you are ready when it matters most. You will learn where fish, when and how fish set up. Sea robins give away bottom structure and holes. All fish relate to the same structure. You really can learn a lot and have fun at the same time. I never would have thought that when I was in school. thank you sea robins! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
22 Jun 2021 10:41 #5379 by JerryRuff

MIX BAG - Windy & Sandy Beach - MORE SURF BUNKER BAIT FISHING - Bluefish Dogfish Stingray Skate. Did some more surf bait fishing today. Looking for something big. It was windy out and sandy. Had a mix of sand sharks or dogfish they were decent sized ones. A medium ray with some skates mixed in. Also was lucky enough to catch a bluefish. And also there were some sea robins mixed in. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
25 Jun 2021 00:38 #5380 by JerryRuff

Day was tough had a few but the big one at dark, night jumper! Worms of course, will have to try fly sometime soon. Really exciting fishing. Some day good. Some days great. Some days just darn tough. Its the tough that make those good days good I suppose.

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
25 Jun 2021 14:45 #5381 by JerryRuff

The PAIN ANGUISH HAUNTING & FRUSTRATIONS of FISHING 2X in a DAY. No one ever seems to talk about the pains frustrations and anguish we all have when fishing. Not sure but I think it is one of our drivers. The part that makes it sport. Brings us back. Defeat. Wonder. The human need to conquer? Its a good thing no matter how bad it feels. If you any of a good angler you experienced a good haunting. If your really experienced you have had experienced many haunting. But your back. Why? Because that's why your an angler and not a fisherman.

In this video it is all in one clip. I did not know my old camera was running like it was the day I bought it. There are 2 major frustrations in the clip. One with the loss of the big unknown. The second with demonized circle hooks. In that order. No, it was no ray. A 200 pound plus thresher, sturgeon or sand tiger I think. I think. I Try not to. I think a lot of things. These 3 I am sure as an angler. I been fishing a little. I know the unknown and I know what I know. When you have a choice you are living. Otherwise you are just alive, perhaps a fisherman. Not a bad thing any case.

What I want to say is it happens. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
01 Jul 2021 14:17 #5386 by JerryRuff

NIGHT FLUKE (SUMMER FLOUNDER) FISHING - WORMS, BUCKTAILS & DARTS - FIGHTING ROBINS WEEDS & NIGHT. I love sea robins, night fishing and seaweed. But sometimes one or all three will present challenges when you want to catch a summer flounder. It can be hard to get your bait to the bottom to a fluke before a robin will grab it. And, its even harder to get down to a fluke when the weeds grab it before a sea robin. But sometimes, just sometimes, neither of the two will grab it, and you will find on the end of your line a beautiful fluke! Know your variables and have fun with your fishing that's the important part. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
03 Jul 2021 12:52 #5387 by JerryRuff

Pumpkinseed Bluegill & Green Sunfish - UL SPIN FLY FISHING - Stonefly & Nymph Spinning Flies. It was HOT out. Deep jigging and finesse fishing was on my mind. Had the UL spinning rod loaded with 4 pound test ready to go. The sweltering heat was intense. After 3 bottles of water in a few hours I decided to take a sunfish break in the shade. I always pack some flies in my bag and I had the ultra light spinning rod so decided this was my chance to do some spin fly fishing. 2 Pound test would have been perfect. And perhaps a float. But I will make do.

I started with a size 8 leggy Kaufmann stonefly. The bluegill, pumpkinseed and green sunfish loved it. It was a bit big considering, I knew it. That's the important part. Easy to take off. I think the panfish got keen on the stone fly. I kept on thinking and knew the old size 14 gold ribbed hares ear nymph would bring sunnies in one after another. I set the little nymph on a dropper just above the stonefly and the nymph soon worked its wonders. Had a blast until it cooled down and set back out on Old Man Waterlegs. Thunderstorms rolled close but that's a tale for another day. Boy what a extreme day it was.

Plans change. I always know plans can change. I try to make the most of the water. I never know what I am going to be doing some days even after I am doing. Just how it goes. Its a blessing. No curve balls from mother nature I knew it was going to be an intense day (minus approaching thunderstorms.) Sometimes we like to test our own limits and deal with the elements. Fishing is an arena of many elements. If you fished a bit I think you know what I mean. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds