Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 May 2021 11:04 #5356 by JerryRuff

SURF FISHING the BEACH for BLUEFISH with CIRCLE HOOKS and BUNKER CHUNKS. Hit the sand beach today surf fishing for some bluefish action with the circle hooks and bunker bait. Set the fish finder with about 2 to 3 feet of 50 pound mono leader to a 7/0 circle hook and bunker chunks. It was a wait before the bluefish started to bite but the fish came in and plucked a good bunch. The set on the circle can be tricky but the key is let the circle do its thing. You can reel slowly, shift your rod slowly or wait for the big bend. Many other methods to set a circle. It can get complicated when you involve various drags, clickers, reels and rods. Other factors involve the ANGLE of the take, the RIG you use, the BAIT you pick, and the SIZE of your hook. But to keep things simple I WILL SAY AGAIN, "let the circle hook do its thing." Same thing the commercial long liners do. You can't go wrong. I like circle hooks. In fact I like all hooks. I don't think there is a hook I ever had a grudge with. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
20 May 2021 11:24 #5357 by JerryRuff

Fishing & Chasing BLUEFISH Down Beach - BIG GATOR BLUEFISH & Peter's Recipe
. I think I chased the bluefish all the way down to Montauk today. Well maybe not Montauk but you get the idea. Had a blast chasing the blues down the sand. Nothing fancy just a tube tailed diamond jig did the trick. I must of missed or drop 2 bluefish for everyone one that hit the beach. Fished and chased pick and run. They were moving about a brisk walk pace. The end of the run I tied up a topwater and just a bad cast lost it. Followed up with a 1.5 bucktail with felt trailer. Managed to finally get over those bluefish and under them and WHAM! Hook up with a nice big blue. The bluefish took the bait on the side so it was a work getting him in. He did a self release but after a long play was lazy I was able to jump in and grab him. Made sure he made his way and off we both went into the east. Pretty neat recipe in there. I will call that Peter's recipe I will have to try it soon. Maybe do a catch and cook one day? Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
22 May 2021 12:24 #5361 by JerryRuff

Fishing for BLUEFISH LIMIT *** CRAZY INSANE FAST ACTION *** DIAMOND JIGS All the Way. Oh boy the diamond jig! Has to be one of they greatest lures of all time. Certainly top of the list for bluefish on a deep fast crazy bite. I love all kinds of lures but lets face it the diamond jig is pure nostalgia. And, I will add all the synonyms which line up with nostalgia. Any case the bite was crazy so I fished for a limit of bluefish today and had it in about 10 minutes. I am sure it would have been possible to catch 89 blue fish before I left. But that's just not me. I left at "just one more" - Now that's me! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
25 May 2021 11:29 #5362 by JerryRuff

Enjoying the NYC Beach & Fishing for Striped Bass Bluefish & Shark on Chunk Bait.
Some good beach fishing today. We had lots of bluefish, striped bass, big sharks and plenty of skates in between the bites. It was a cold clammy day but the bunker did the day right. Enjoyed some beach and lots of fishing or some fishing and lots of beach depending how you look at it. Worked with 5/0 bait hooks and 7/0 circle hooks on the fish finder set up. Both worked great. All good clean hook sets. Horseshoe crabs were crawling in. However they seem thin for this time of year. Watched a few folks on the lures today and the fish seemed to zero in on the bait. Skates came in waves and between them lied bluefish and bass to be caught. A little more then enough skate to keep busy but not enough to take over the day. The sand sharks were on the large size and were quite fun to play. Jumping and all loaded with babies to drop this time of year. Enjoy the beach and fishing! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
26 May 2021 22:23 #5363 by JerryRuff

First flukes I seen today!

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
27 May 2021 10:14 #5364 by JerryRuff

FISHING with "OFF BRAND SWIMMING MINNOW LURE" for BLUEFISH - WORKED GREAT UNTIL??? Today I decided to work with a off brand minnow I had. The swimmer worked perfect. Casts great. Nice wiggle. Good sinking. Ripped great. Almost like a mix between the X-Rap and Daiwa Salt Pro Minnow. Had a good bunch of blues on it through the day with. Just fun and productive. Got some teeth marks on it and working great. Then SNAP! Before the weather came lost it on a bad cast in a fishtail. Don't have no backup minnow nor do I know where to get another but it worked great. Ah well so goes fishing. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
29 May 2021 01:11 #5365 by JerryRuff

Fishing was tough in the day but came alive about dusk. Sure the dark was good fishing. But long day and called it.

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
30 May 2021 13:05 #5366 by JerryRuff

A few on topwaters under ugly skies, some basses are mixed in

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
01 Jun 2021 11:53 #5367 by JerryRuff

Tough Days & Forgiving Nights - LARGEMOUTH BASS FISHING - Fun On The Water. The fishing was tough in the day but came alive at night. Took advantage of the day playing with the new old sonar and checking out some bottom. The sonar went through a few revisions and I have the sounder all together now in a new old case, new battery and working well. Looked around a bunch of shoreline structure , watched roaming bass, spawning bluegills and some big old carps. Had a few largemouth bass in the day and some decent fish at dusk. Tested some old tackle and lures but always find myself coming back to the worm with some fish on the end. Sonar worked great, fishing was good, the night was calm.

I don't like routines but there is always a few you should get down and I am always learning. Few days of fishing in there. At the time I thought it was tough. But looking back it was just plain fantastic. Really nice to look back at a different angle. Thank you YouTube. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
03 Jun 2021 12:31 - 03 Jun 2021 12:51 #5368 by JerryRuff

SURF BAIT FISHING for BIG STRIPED BASS Between CRAZY BLUEFISH BLITZES
. Some quick fishing theory. Big striped bass are lazy and bluefish are crazy. How to approach in broad daylight. Wait, let me think... BAIT. If the bluefish are on a blitz most likely you will catch 79 of them in the thick. You can't beat that fishing fun. But if you are seeking a big striped bass sometimes the best way to do it is between those crazy bluefish blitzes we been having. It is not easy. You will be fighting through skates, having fun with the robins, and pick up the occasional blue or 54 of them. However and sometimes you'll hookup and land that big old striped bass between the crowds and have the beach to yourself.

I ain't giving anyone any guarantees on landing that striper of a lifetime. But I do guarantee you will have a much better chance between that fun bluefish blitz. In any case bluefish blitz or big striped bass its all good to me. They both are grand ways to spend the day. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

Last Edit: 03 Jun 2021 12:51 by JerryRuff.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds