Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Apr 2021 12:22 - 28 Apr 2021 09:01 #5335 by JerryRuff

SURF FISHING the BEACH for STRIPED BASS with CIRCLE HOOKS and CLAM BAIT. It was a circle hook day. A intermittent solid bite with several keeper striped bass mixed in all on clam baits. Not too fast. Not too slow. Spike the rod wait for the hit and fish on. I rigged up with a 6/0 circle hook a good size for a clam strip on about 2.5 feet of 50 pound monofilament with a fish finder. Lots of guts on each bait. I almost forgot how fun and easy using circle hooks are. Best hook for the bait and wait which is how most of the day went. There is a time and place for all hooks and this was the perfect time. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2021 09:01 by JerryRuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
28 Apr 2021 22:23 #5336 by JerryRuff

Started the day using fence rider sized lures mostly on top. The firsts fish on Boat (thats the name of the boat) was a bluegill!

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
29 Apr 2021 13:22 #5337 by JerryRuff

NO CLUE Fishing Adventure - TIMBER & WEEDS - Yellow Perch * LARGEMOUTH BASS * Bluegill
. Timber and weeds. Add a drop off and you have the holy trinity of freshwater fishing. Any kind of holy and unholy fish will be lurking about the trinity. I had no clue what I was doing. Just doing what I do. Not sure what the day would bring I started with a fence rider sized Rapala minnow to see what gives grab. Bluegill were chasing it and a baby largemouth bass went next. Finally a decent bigmouth bass grabbed the offering on the outmatched 4lb UL tackle right in the knot of timber next to a pile of weed. Pulled him out quick enough and the cold water wore him faster then full summer strength. Lucky on that. Switched to the medium tackle up the size and missed a nice strike. Saw a huge largemouth bass lurking in the weeds. Got the boat right over him to for a good gander. WOW!

Did some adventuring and got back to fishing. Back to timber and weeds. This time I tied on 4/0 Gami with a 7" Berkley Power Worm in Motor Oil. No weight. Had a beautiful take and quickly landed another pound crashing beauty of a fish. No real topwater activity and fished some timber and weed some more before I decided to go on a up wind adventure. Drifted back. This time with a bigger Rapala minnow. End of the drift I got slammed on the right tackle by a big mouthed big mouth. For sure the biggest one to take on the day. This time, all might of the fish took me under the timber and into the weed and unfortunately for me, and only for me he came out on his own. Go figure, light, medium, landed and lost. I guess that about sums up fishing. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
01 May 2021 12:53 #5338 by JerryRuff

Trout Fishing with CRANKBAITS with The RAPALA FAT RAP CRANKBAIT for Brown & Rainbow Trout. Super windy day out so I tucked myself between some trees and did some trout fishing. I worked downstream with the spoon but the PLAN was to work back up with a old wooden trouty crankbait. I picked out a old Rapala Fat Rap from my old Plano held together via rubber band. Been a good while since I tossed the little fat offering but had success with it in another State and figured it was juicy enough for a hungry trout. I soon pulled out a rainbow trout before I even started to work the Rapala upstream.

Started walking up, hit some boulders, tossed the crank bait just in front, let the Fat Rap drop in the hole, wash out, shake of the tip and hook up with a nice little brown trout. Worked a bit more up to a bend and swung the little Rapala around and caught a few more trouts who could not resist the wiggle of a crankbait. Sometimes a PLAN works. Sometimes a PLAN don't. Any case, I always try a few plans. Only need one to work. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
03 May 2021 01:33 #5339 by JerryRuff

Home made spinner bait.
Don't know where the heck I put the ones I have. Could take days, weeks, months to find, thus I took an hour and made one with some shark wire. Added Colorado blades, 3/8oz football jig head, some eyeballs and 2 ball bearing swivels. Even painted the jig head for once! Wire bends so will have to see how that plays in the water when I can get a chance to it.

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
04 May 2021 11:37 #5341 by JerryRuff

Fishing the Calm Beach and BAIT TALKING with Clam & Bunker Baits. Bait fishing is a great way to get a read on the water. Today we were tossing clam and bunker baits on the calm beach and caught a slew of skates. A few skates is always fun but a couple dozen unless your keeping them for dinner can become tedious work. Skates have spines on top that will poke you so be careful handling. Skates can be dangerous and draw blood. As per the water lots was brewing. Bait in the water and gamefish are abound. Could be another tide or time but we saw lots of potential. Grey rainy overcast skies gave some higher hopes but in the end a nice read on the water and current events the old fashion way. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
06 May 2021 01:26 #5342 by JerryRuff

Had a couple of smaller fish at night. Had better luck with the bigger fish during light hours. Maybe just been fishing more daylight? That will do it.

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
06 May 2021 13:56 #5343 by JerryRuff

Striped Bass Fishing - POPPING TOPWATER POPPERS - The LITTLE NECK Popper for STRIPER. I started fishing a bit early and knew my best shot was going to be around dusk. I did have a few chases but no commit on the minnow baits in the high sun. Plenty of time to think I decided to work the topwater popper before dark. Worked a good stretch of water with the popper for a good while. Shivering from cold water. Wrong waders. Just that time of year. casting. Finally get that smash I was wait on. Bent rod and tightline. Landed and released. I probably took 100 more casts before calling it and feeling satisfied. And cold. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
13 May 2021 13:30 #5351 by JerryRuff

Long Island Surf Fishing - SPRINGTIME BLUEFISH ACTION - Tailor Blues on the Daiwa SP Minnow. I had to do a quick rod tip repair before I left the house. Wire came off the tip. No replacement tip on hand. Some braided line and UV epoxy wrapped and tied it back to place. Could only hope the rod tip would hold to some bluefish action. And hope for some bluefish action. Both wishes came true. Had a slow moderate bite on the tailor blues today. Nothing fast but the blue fish were there and hard on the Daiwa SP Minnow. Tried a few other lures in the mix and every time I went back to the Daiwa SP Minnow I seemed to get a strike. No need for single hooked minnows today the treble hooks seemed to fair well on the slow moderate bite. I wanted to keep one for dinner but I only like to keep the deep hooked fish. Ran into Tim who had one as such and I was happy to take the weight off his hands! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
15 May 2021 01:38 #5353 by JerryRuff
Was a Ruff one well not ruff but had high hopes but only seen one fish landed, one lost and one bigum swim by me. They are certainly there and in and out for sure.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.632 seconds