Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Dec 2021 12:07 #5450 by JerryRuff

Cold December Surf Fishing - WINTER STRIPED BASS - Topwater Minnows & Bucktail Action. Winter is here and so are the striped bass. I like to take advantage of the nicer calmer days and do some fishing. Never sure what to expect I started fishing in the afternoon. If you are new to striped bass fishing and if you can, do fish the sun rise or late late night. Your season will only be exponentially better. I just have fun out there. I worked a little of everything this day. I had a striper with everything in the bag. The fun part of the day came when bait and birds with stripers under slipped in. Both me and the fish were in a frenzy. My walk turned into a fast run and soon FISH ON. Landed a double and the big body of fish left in the sunset. Finished in the night with a steady pick of striped bass on the walk back. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
LURES & LINE USED IN THIS VIDEO
Mag Darter 5" - amzn.to/3IcMoMb
Daiwa SP Minnow - amzn.to/3oeWsMT
1oz Spro Head Bucktail - amzn.to/3rtQeur
Super strike Little Neck Popper - amzn.to/3G6dkv9
Lure Clips - amzn.to/3phhmKl
40Lb Power Pro Braided Line - amzn.to/3rm7ul4
50lb Leader / Berkley Big Game Monofilament - amzn.to/3xwwDee
WADERS & OUTER WEAR
Frogg Toggs Breathable Waders - amzn.to/3HWDlyS
Frogg Toggs Neoprene Waders - amzn.to/3I0bbTo
Hard Case Boot Studs - amzn.to/3p6Aivs
CAMERA
GoPro Hero - amzn.to/3nUSubQ
GoPro Chest Mount - amzn.to/3HRAebv
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate links above. ***

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2021 15:39 #5451 by swolf154
Really appreciate you videos and website!

• JerryRuff
More
09 Dec 2021 12:34 #5454 by JerryRuff
Thanks swolf154!

• JerryRuff
More
09 Dec 2021 12:35 #5455 by JerryRuff

Coldwater Tips for Striped Bass - STAY WARM - Winter Saltwater Fly Fishing for Stripers. Wintertime may be one of my most favorite times to saltwater fly fish for striped bass. There are lots of schoolie stripers around willing to take your fly any given moment. Coldwater fishing can also be challenging. There are a few things I look for before I even go. Wind and temps. Wind is never good in the winter. Cold is fine. No wind you can fish 0 and be good. But a 20mph wind on a 40 degree day will drag the heat right out of you. Now that you found that perfect day you still need to stay warm and fly fishing will keep you moving. MY BEST TIP - walk, run and fish. A brisk run or walk will warm you right up better then the most cozy 800 dollar jacket. You will even be able to take the gloves off. The simplest things, just amazing. STAY WARM! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

More
10 Dec 2021 22:47 #5456 by swolf154
I plan on fishing Jones Beach this summer. I've been a North shore man all my life. Now that I'm living on the sourh shore I'll be visiting the south shore. Like you I also fish freshwater. Blydenburg is my home lake. I was a member of Long Island Bassmasters. Fished all the lakes. Fort Pond, Upper Yaphank, Lower Yapank, Forge Pond, Ronkama, Big Reed, Patchoug lake. Never got to the Nassau County lakes. By PB large mouth is 9lbs 6oz out of Blydenburg. This year I want to get a PB striper. That's my goal anyway. I've been fishing from boats all my life and now prefer fishing from shore and the beach. I love standing in a river, lake or beach. Hopefully I'll bump into into you at one of Long Islands great lakes and beaches. Thanks again for a great resource of Long Island fishin.

Steve
swolf154

• JerryRuff
More
11 Dec 2021 16:32 #5460 by JerryRuff
Thanks Steve and so much welcome! That is some largemouth! You sound like quite the angler and Thanks for sharing!

• JerryRuff
More
18 Dec 2021 12:45 - 18 Dec 2021 12:46 #5469 by JerryRuff

Beautiful Winter Day - HOLDOVER STRIPED BASS - Late December Striper Fishing. Winter holdover fishing. A few hours. Caught a few, dropped a few. Beautiful spring like winter day. Clear blue white pink orange lined sky. The cold stern west wind could not set me back. Not changing my lure no matter what. Fish in just perfect. No fish. Still perfect. Cast and cast. Hit and miss. Sunny afternoon. Cold dark dusk. Low riding sun. FISH ON!!! Holdover fishing. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
LURES & LINE USED IN THIS VIDEO
Mag Darter 5" - amzn.to/3IcMoMb
Lure Clips - amzn.to/3phhmKl
40Lb Power Pro Braided Line - amzn.to/3rm7ul4
50lb Leader / Berkley Big Game Monofilament - amzn.to/3xwwDee
WADERS & OUTER WEAR
Frogg Toggs Breathable Waders - amzn.to/3HWDlyS
Frogg Toggs Neoprene Waders - amzn.to/3I0bbTo
Hard Case Boot Studs - amzn.to/3p6Aivs
CAMERA
GoPro Hero - amzn.to/3nUSubQ
GoPro Chest Mount - amzn.to/3HRAebv
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate links above. ***

Last Edit: 18 Dec 2021 12:46 by JerryRuff.

• JerryRuff
More
27 Dec 2021 12:31 #5471 by JerryRuff

The Most MACABRE & OBSCURE Beach to Visit - Dead Horse Bay or Bottle Beach in Brooklyn NYC New York. It is a cold New York City winter day with a Chicago wind. The beach is out of question, is it not? NYC has some of thee most beautiful beaches in the world. It also has one of the most macabre obscure beach you will ever visit. Dead Horse Bay or Bottle Beach sits right on the edge of Jamaica Bay on a corner of Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn NY. It is the Macabre. Call Dead Horse Bay obscure, weird, odd, scary, bizarre, ugly, toxic, or uniquely beautiful. It is a profound living loving contrast of life and death with a hideous beauty. A unique collection of junk, bottles, glass, bones bones bones, cars, tiles, shoes, LIFE, with ANY and ALL unimaginable junk. One never knows what will seep from the caps at Dead Horse Bay or Bottle Beach unless you give it a visit. You Must!!! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds