Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2021 13:26 #5440 by JerryRuff

NEW YORK CITY - 2021 FALL STRIPED BASS - LONG ISLAND - STRIPER FISHING SEASON. I am not complaining BUT I must say the 2021 striped bass fishing season in the New York City and Long Island area has been slow, narrow, tight and rewarding. Some folks have had a phenomenal season. Other are struggling to pluck a fish. The bite seems to be constricted to small areas in a narrow window of time, or spread out slow over long period of time. This striped bass season may be the slowest narrowest bite in my book since the beginning of fish time. I mention some info on these striper bites and slow windows. My best advice to you is fish when you can but if you can try dusk, dawn, late night and if you find the bite ride it as long as you can. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
06 Nov 2021 12:15 #5441 by JerryRuff

Daytime Surf Fishing - TOPWATER STRIPED BASS - Popping for Fall Long Island Striper.
One of the most fun ways to catch striped bass on the ocean surf is by using a top water fishing lure. I got to the beach early and ran into a moving pod of stripers way out on the sand bar. With a few minutes to connect first thing I did was change right to a little neck popper. The little neck topwater lures all cast great and make a big commotion drawing in strikes from afar. Popping, pop, pop, stop. First few cast, miss, popping, pop, pop, stop... Third cast I connected with a beautiful striped bass. One more shot and the window closed. Back into night mode. And the night went well. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
09 Nov 2021 12:27 #5442 by JerryRuff

LONG ISLAND SURF FISHING - STRIPED BASS / STRIPERS - 2021 FALL RUN STRIPER SEASON. Fished the dusk into the dark looking for a striped bass bite on the beach. Stuck with the teaser. Started with a needlefish and switched to a Mag Darter right before sunset. Had the first fish on the teaser. Used a nice full thick teaser. Had a few more striped bass. One on the teaser another on the Mag Darter. Really had to work the water hard for the striper. Nothing spectacular per this time of year but considering the beach action lately I would consider it a highly successful fulfilling day. If you can get out - GET OUT!!! Winter comes quick. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
11 Nov 2021 12:22 #5443 by JerryRuff

NEW YORK CITY NORTH SHORE - STRIPED BASS FISHING - NYC NY FALL RUN QUEENS STRIPER / STRIPERS. Somehow I never been a city boy but I did grow up in one of the largest cities in the world. I would always spend my time fishing in little corners away yet in the big city. Still do. I hit a North Shore, New York City area I used to fish all the time right in Queens NYC, NY. Looking for striped bass of course! I have never kept a log book. I go by what ever jumble is left in my head. Hoping my reckoning was right? The striper fishing and my mind were spot on. I equipped myself with the fly fishing tackle as the conditions deemed perfect for stripers on the fly. Worked the deceiver fly with fast pulsating twitches of the tip with smooth strips and long pauses. Seemed to get the attention the fly needed from the New York City stripers. Fishing was tight and right. It just amazes me with 8.4 million people and not a soul for miles. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
14 Nov 2021 13:08 #5444 by JerryRuff

Surf Fishing Surprise - FRIGGING JIGGING - A17 Tube Tail Diamond Jig Surprises. A few days the spiny dogfish were so thick people were catching them on jigs! I was lucky enough to hook into one of these sharks while I was working the A17 tube tailed diamond jig close to the bottom. Strong pay initially with thoughts of a bass. Hit the shark way out there and he wore down 3/4 the way in. Now thinking something else. Soon enough I got the spiny on the soft sand and a beauty of a fish. Always something different on the beach and that made the day. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
17 Nov 2021 11:30 #5445 by JerryRuff

Fast Bite Dusk to Dark - STRIPED BASS FISHING LATE FALL NYC - Stripers on the Daiwa SP Minnow. I spent a good few hours watching a swarm of birds that stretched across the rip right to Coney Island. Full frontal wind and not a budge. The low was holding the striper back but good Lord I could only imagine if the stripers pushed in. I also watched the strong and crazy rods on the tip bend in unison time to time. I later watched the walk off the rocks and that was my cue to get fishing. Finally the birds broke in and the fishing started. But not that fast. I first thought a popper would be the ticket. I knew the fish were there. I quickly switched to the Daiwa SP Minnow and first cast fish on. Second cast fish on. And it went as such into the dark of night. The striped bass got a little bigger into the dark. I hooked up with a beauty of a striper but he shook me off. Some more striped in the dark and still a fast bite. Just a beautiful thing. Plenty of keeper striped bass to go around. I was testing the limits of dark and my camera so you will have to forgive me mid section. Those were some of the good'ums to! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
20 Nov 2021 11:49 #5446 by JerryRuff

THE BLITZ - Bunker, Bait & Bass - BLITZING STRIPED BASS - Late Fall Surf Chunking for Striper. Blitzing, Bunker, beach, birds and bass. The fall blitz. Now that's a picture we can all remember or dream of on a cold winter day. I think the only thing missing was the blood. So went the day. Spent some time watching these ingredients formulate outside the sand bar. All I could do is hope and wonder if this picture was going to push in. It did! 2X And 2 fish! One a nice keeper striped bass. Worked the bunker bait for striper but certainly not the bait and wait. I knew these were active striped bass so it was imperative I impart all the flash a bunker has to offer on blitzing stripers. Slow swift lifts of the rod give a great visual to otherwise stationary bait. Bait is great! Check out the video it is all explained why this was so important this day. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
21 Nov 2021 02:53 #5447 by JerryRuff

Had to work out the gloves. Ruff out 30mph+ gusts the other day and cold on the sunset. Felt blessed with a fish. We all have our own personal challenges. If not what do we have?

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
24 Nov 2021 10:47 #5448 by JerryRuff

2021 Top #5 Best - STRIPED BASS / STRIPER - Surf Bait Fishing Lures. Plenty of season left but here is a run down of my Top 5 Fall Striped Bass Fishing Lures. The fishing changes year to year and so goes the list. The list is a little different most specially #1 you need to check out! My approach to the fishes approach meet somewhere in the middle. Fishing different places, doing different things make the angling experience fresh and fun. Always do what you enjoy best and always enjoy the fish! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

The below links are Amazon Affiliate Links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases:

Daiwa SP Minnow - amzn.to/2Zia5kG
Mag Dater 5.25" - amzn.to/32kUodv
Mag Darter 6.5" - amzn.to/3FzRz6G
Super Strike Little Neck Popper - amzn.to/3HLx7BN
Deceiver Fly - amzn.to/3CEmjBz

• JerryRuff
More
27 Nov 2021 13:06 #5449 by JerryRuff

Windy Cold Beach Sunset Striped Bass Fishing - Winter Inlet Sea Robin & Flatfish. Worked up the inlet on a cold windy winter feeling day. Not much expectation with good foresight. Started with a diamond jig and went to the minnow at night. Picked out a late November sea robin. Almost could not believe that. Whats next a fluke I said. Then had a couple of flatfish as well. When I hit the beach the sun was about to set. Far out lots of birds. In close a seal. Between nothing. I knew I had to wait. COLDER. Gloves on. Seen a splash close in and cast. Striped bass on! Not a big striper by any means but always a nice to pull one out. Even COLDER now. Some more casting and the thought of the long walk back to warm me up sounded and was great. Some say its to cold to fish. Some say it is not worth your effort to fish. Some will tell you to stay home. Some even go so far to say you should not fish. Can't figure that one out especially when it comes from the mouth of an angler? Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
ITEMS USED IN THIS VIDEO
Daiwa SP Minnow - amzn.to/3HXWMaw
A17 Diamond Jig - amzn.to/30XYBnn
40Lb Power Pro Braided Line - amzn.to/3rm7ul4
50lb Leader / Berkley Big Game Monofilament - amzn.to/3xwwDee
WADERS
Frogg Toggs Breathable Waders - amzn.to/3HWDlyS
Frogg Toggs Neoprene Waders - amzn.to/3I0bbTo
CAMERA
GoPro Hero - amzn.to/3nUSubQ
GoPro Chest Mount - amzn.to/3HRAebv
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate links above. ***

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds