Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2022

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2022 12:22 #5532 by JerryRuff

Striped Bass Jetty Fly Fishing & "The Dinner Fluke Paradox!!!" Some days are fast and most you have to work for the fish. Did get a striped bass on the deceiver fly today and dropped a few fluke. Was using the sinking it was a fun change of pace. Like the sink tip. Ah yes, the "dinner fish paradox." Well it seems to be every time I yell out looks like we have dinner or I am going to keep dinner tonight, well... It is all good!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
07 Jul 2022 12:33 #5533 by JerryRuff

Two Fish One Hook - AMAZING FISHING VIDEO - One Fish Two Hooks. One amazing thing about fishing I have found is one will never run out of firsts. And when you have two first in one day, that is just WOW! Could not believe I caught 2 catfish using one hook. Just wild. When dark set in I pulled out one catfish on two baits! Just wow! Fishing is just great! Stay young my friends!

• JerryRuff
More
09 Jul 2022 13:53 #5534 by JerryRuff

Walk Through the Gentrified - QUEENSBORO BIG STRIPED BASS - Queensbridge NYC Fishing. A stop at the garage, a rod in the car, and near some water. Took a walk through both sides of town and done did some fishing not far from the Queensboro Bridge. No clue where I was going and what I was going to do. Just find some water. Something will happen. That is how it works. Worked some Gulp first and met a gentleman whom I communicated with through hand gestures, facial expressions, and 3 words. I can not explain but I knew he was what I was waiting on, not the fish. The gentleman offered me a piece of squid I soon caught a oyster toadfish. I was happy and now content. I knew he was going to catch us a big old striped bass in the East River. Just a matter of time. I saw his rod bend before he did. A epic battle in the heavy currents of the east river. I hopped the fence (something I have not done in a few decades,) scaled down some rocks, and passed him his big striped bass through the fence. It was a thrill. I can say I was more thrilled then him by how I felt inside. No doubt.

Everyone has at least a little wild. That is why we fish. We feed our wild. I always wondered about everyone else. Today I got my answer while working on some car issues. I took a walk through the gentrified part of town on the way down to the water and it came to me. When I was young I was pretty wild and a part of a ecosystem. The answer was never clear. I was also feeding that wild by fishing my whole life. Wild, but another ecosystem. Which brings me to the gentrified. Why? I think the first run of the gentrified feel they are in the wild. Feeding that same void we fill through fishing. So simple an answer right there in front all these years. More come, and more changes, and so does the ecosystem. Kinda like zebra muscles. They make the water clear but change the natural environment. How the change impacts an ecosystem depends on who you ask. Oddly, I think I just made the perfect country and western fishing video you will see!

• JerryRuff
More
12 Jul 2022 12:36 #5535 by JerryRuff

Summer Flounder Jetty Fishing - BERKLEY GULP for FLUKE - Carolina Rigging Gulp! One of the best baits you can use for fluke or summer flounder is Berkley GULP! 4" Swimming Mullet. Works great with a Carolina rig as I used today or any way you choose. You will catch big fluke, small fluke and many other fish in between. Works best in the summer but can be used all year round. I use the Gulp every season to one degree or another, higher or lower. If the fluke don't take the Gulp! bait I can assure you the fluke are not around. It is simply good stuff that keeps me coming back.

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
BERKLEY GULP - amzn.to/3PnTPmj
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above ***

• JerryRuff
More
14 Jul 2022 16:11 #5536 by JerryRuff

Beautiful Smallmouth Bass - BEST WORM FISHING EVER - Big Pickerel & Endless White Perch. Beautiful smallmouth bass, big pickerel, endless white perch, nice catfish, yellow perch, largemouth bass, and all the bluegill you want! One word for that. WORMS. There is no other way to have such a day freshwater fishing. A bit of work trolling and drifting with the worm deep. Finally a pattern emerged. There are 3 things I utilize when fishing as such. Paper contour map I engrave in the head, a finder to ride or find the contours, and finally my gut, which is the best tool I have, OR is it the worm!

EUROPEAN NIGHT CRAWLERS - amzn.to/3ANxomF
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above ***

• JerryRuff
More
16 Jul 2022 13:12 #5537 by JerryRuff

Summer Flounder / Fluke / Sea Robin - WINDY DAY SUMMERTIME FISHING - Loads of Bait. Summertime can have some crazy windy days. Summertime also is the time for fluke and sea robins. Some light tackle and some Gulp bait and I was set for the day. A few hours, a few areas, and a few fish in the high sun. On a good day the fishing can be crazy. On a good day the fishing can be slow. On a good day. Summertime.

• JerryRuff
More
19 Jul 2022 14:19 #5538 by JerryRuff

Porgy Fishing - The MARINE PARKWAY BRIDGE - Fishing NYC Bloodworms & Clam Bait for Porgies. Some good great rainstorms today but we dodge them. This time of year many days you just can not tell what the weather is going to do so your best option is to fish near the car. We picked up some bloodworms and clam looking for some porgies. Porgy just love the bloodworm. Big or small. fished close to the marine Parkway Bridge with a good a shot as any. Caught about a half dozen porgy and some sea bass at one of New York Cities most famous bridges. No big ones today but if you are seriously looking for some big porgy try the high water they are there!

• JerryRuff
More
21 Jul 2022 13:37 #5539 by JerryRuff

Summertime Beach Fishing with SHARK TALK & BLUEFISH in Long Island New York. This is a typical day on the beach bunker fishing in the heat of a Long Island summer. My very good friend Tim made his way out after weeks of long working. It was great to see him please check out Tim's channel www.youtube.com/c/FishingHam . We walked down to the cool beach front and set some baits. Tim plucked us out a bluefish today which was great to see. Also a flurry of skates on the low end. Lucky for us there were no shark around. Just the sharks we saw. There is talk about sharks on the beach in summer. Sharks are always on the beach in summer.

• JerryRuff
More
05 Aug 2022 12:58 #5540 by JerryRuff

Big Triggerfish & Porgy - The ROBERT MOSES FISHING PIER - Fluke, Blowfish & Sea Bass. There were tons of sea bass, big blowfish, fluke, sea robin, big porgy and trigger fish at the Robert Moses fishing pier. Bait fishing is the way to do it right up there in the light. Clam or squid will do you good. I like the mystery of the bottom. I have visions of passing fish of all forms and shape. Hoping these waves hit my line. When baitfishing monofilament line is often the way to go. I can tie my hooks and drop my sinker right up the line. You can not beat hi-low rigging but sometimes a 3 way rig is the way to go. Know you knots and you will have the chance to catch anything. The simple complexities of life are good.

GAMAKATSU #4 OCTOPUS HOOKS - amzn.to/3Spi9GW

• JerryRuff
More
10 Aug 2022 11:31 #5541 by JerryRuff

Deep Summertime Fishing - JUMBO WHITE PERCH - Non Stop Fast Big Action. We all heard it. "LOSE SOME." Had a big solid jumbo white perch on the line. Really enjoyed the play. Lolly popped the great fish in. Grabbed the net and off he went. Seen a bunch of great fish lost as such. No big deal but I wish he stuck around for a better photo shoot. All is good. It was a steady stream of white perch with some nice white cats for most the day. "WIN SOME." Another jumbo solid big white perch on the line. Good bang and perfect hook set. Drag slipping. White perch lunges and darts. Go for the net. Cross 2 lines. Big white perch on board for a photo shoot. Released and clean up the mess. Just great. And I got a mess of fish to clean.

EUROPEAN NIGHT CRAWLERS - amzn.to/3BS8BhV

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds