Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2022

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 Jun 2022 15:31 - 11 Jun 2022 15:32 #5522 by JerryRuff

How to Find Roaming BLUEFISH & STRIPED BASS at High Noon - Topwater Fishing. The bluefish have been interesting this year. I have not come across any easy bites in the day. However, I have success locating roaming pods here and there and pick out some nice bluefish. In the process of how I search for these blue fish I have encountered some nice striped bass in the high sun. High sun stripers are always exciting! When the fishing is on the slow end I like to use popping plugs or topwater baits. Top waters are just fun, and the occasional take or miss is plain exciting. Had a nice keeper striped bass this day, some beautiful bluefish, and as many opportunities. In this video I talk about how I look for the stray pods of roaming blues and other fun stuff. Enjoy!

*** The below links are paid Amazon Affiliate Links ***
COTTON CORDELL PENCIL POPPER - amzn.to/3NDMnDg
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above ***

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2022 15:32 by JerryRuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
14 Jun 2022 13:27 #5523 by JerryRuff

Topwater BLUEFISH - How to Work a Pencil Popper for Blue Fish with Baitcasting Tackle. Bluefish. Pencil popper. 3 Words. If your a surf angler the prior three words create an entire moving image in the mind in all sound, image and sensation. Perhaps an entire day can be remembered. Spring, summer and fall seasons all come to mind as well. I never thought how tied into surf angling the pencil popper is all along the east coast north to south.

Been sometime I worked a season with the pencil popper and forgot how well the work. Most surf anglers utilize spinning gear. When baitcasting with a pencil popper the key element is the use of your reel's crank to create enticing action. I talk briefly about this in the video. There are multitudes of ways to work a pencil popper, this is just one.

COTTON CORDELL PENCIL POPPER - amzn.to/3NDMnDg
*** I get a small commission if you purchase anything from the affiliate link above ***

• JerryRuff
More
16 Jun 2022 13:55 #5524 by JerryRuff

Fishing - ALL ABOUT THE CHANCE - Dolphins, Sun, Sky, Beach, Sand, Jetty. It's all about the chance. Should have been a great day. Missed four nice striped bass on the beach. Just how it goes. Walked a good bit to try for some bluefish. Missed a great strike on a top water plug. Just how it goes. Day late for the big bite. Just how it goes. No loss to me. Had the chance. Took the time to take in the sun, sky, sand, rock, water and a beautiful show of dolphins. These are great days you will never read about in magazine. Fishing is all about the chance. You have the chance.

• JerryRuff
More
18 Jun 2022 13:02 #5525 by JerryRuff

Surf Fishing Fun & BIG CHOPPER BLUES on BUNKER BAIT - Bluefish on the Beach. It was a late start on the day with a fast finish before dusk. I knew a big one was to be caught but I know "not what." Long walk. Not sure where to fish. Four major points of structure. Although time was short I took the furthest last distant point. I decided to stick. Low water. Long easy walk. I soon seen a hornets nest of birds. "Not what" became more clear, big Bluefish. Rig up, bait up. Wait and repeat. Again. Soon fish on. A big chopper blue. Ecstatic my early thought verified. Time to relax catch... And, lose... A few more bluefish and enjoy the fast coming dusk.

GAMAKATSU 7/0 CIRCLE HOOKS - amzn.to/3HBVi5O

• JerryRuff
More
21 Jun 2022 12:44 #5526 by JerryRuff

First check out www.daniellecharetteart.com just super stuff! Danielle if you do not know is an artist and my good friend of over 30 plus years. We both been busy so not so much time for fishing lately but we got out today and away from the city onto Rockaway beach. Danielle pulled out a big old sting ray on the beach and we later went into the back on Danielle's call and we caught a nice keeper striped bass. More important then the fishing we had time to reflect on the past and catch up on the future. That is what friends do. I never told Danielle this but she also help make me the better man I am today. Thank you. Always there!

• JerryRuff
More
23 Jun 2022 13:48 #5527 by JerryRuff

The BEST Most Intense Fast SURF FLY FISHING VIDEO for Striped Bass & Keeper Fluke. I think I just made arguable the best surf fly fishing video ever. I know I made perfect ones, ones with bigger fish, ones with more fish, ones with better casting, ones with better footage, and ones with clearer sound. But something about this saltwater surf fly fishing video when I done did made me say "it is the best." Got it all in there. Fast fishing, striped bass, keeper fluke and diving birds. Snotty wet cold windy weather. A continuous dance with the sea and line. First round of big fluke. All with salt on the lips and water in the waders. Just a fast fun day with the sea. Intense.

• JerryRuff
More
25 Jun 2022 15:12 #5528 by JerryRuff

Fresh Caught CUT BAIT for CATFISH Bluegill & Perch Save the Day! I planned to Carolina rig for some bass. In the back of the mind I knew the bass were off. No problem. I did have catfish on the mind. Left the catfish gear at home but no problem. A little improvision and some bait fishing to round up some fresh caught bluegill and perch bait and I was ready for the catfish. Some time to travel and rig up while I waited for the sun to drop below the horizon. No soon after the catfish started to bite. Had a few fat bullheads and some yellow catfish. Fishing went into the dark. I say before and I say again always have a plan C. Next time catfish will be the plan A.

• JerryRuff
More
28 Jun 2022 12:54 #5529 by JerryRuff

Striped Bass - SALTWATER JETTY FLY FISHING - Keeper Fluke & More. Is it summer time yet? It was a nice calm overcast day so set up on the rocks to do some summertime jetty saltwater fly fishing on a cool summer day. Plenty of sea robins in and out with the tide along with some sundials. A couple of nice striped bass on the half half fly with a volley of small and keeper fluke. The fishing was steady with peanut bunker mulling in and out with a quick show of birds. Thought maybe some bluefish would show but day went great without. A cool day in more then one sense.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds