Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2021 21:14 #5429 by JerryRuff
FIRE IN THE SKY... Was a great movie as well!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
30 Sep 2021 11:06 #5430 by JerryRuff

Surf Fishing for Fluke - BERKLEY GULP! SAVES THE DAY - Last Late Summer Flounder. If its a slow day go for the Berkley Gulp! I started again with a jig and teaser not much going on. Took a nice long walk settled in and switched to a Gulp bait Carolina rig. Fished my way back and started picking at late summer fluke. Sea robins followed into the night. Just a ordinary late cool summer day or better yet DREAMY cold winter day. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
02 Oct 2021 11:45 #5431 by JerryRuff

Clam & Squid Bait - JONES BEACH FISHING - Long Island Early Fall Ocean Surf Fishing. Took a walk along the surf with some clam, squid, weights and small hooks. Bait fishing. Slow late afternoon. Walked a bit more casting and wait. Walked some more and ran into Gregory. Had some laughs and did some fishing. SOME FISHING. Soon the fish started biting and we had a nice mix of kingfish, snapper bluefish, dogfish and shad. I was set with a fish finder rig. Gregory with a hi-lo rig. He had a slew of shad before dark on the fine tied rig with 1/0 hooks. The shad were grabbing the moving clam. Seemed to like that more then the fish finder rig I was using. Who ever thought shad on clam? Something new everyday out there. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
05 Oct 2021 11:17 #5433 by JerryRuff

Saltwater Pier Fly Fishing - SEA BASS - Windy Day Fly Rodding. It was a WINDY windy day. And there have been lots of sea bass on the piers. I was thinking fly fishing. Did not have to worry about the cast. Wind took it out. Current drew the line back and deep flush to the pier. That's where the sea bass lurk. I used a small clouser minnow. Added a little more sink and hang. Small twitches lured the sea bass out from under the pier. The sea bass were willing biters. At least for the day. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
09 Oct 2021 14:03 #5434 by JerryRuff

LAST SUMMER CATFISH DINNER - CAT FISHING with WORMS for BAIT - BULLHEADS & WHITES. Before the cold icy days come get out and do the things you love. Soon there will be ice, 2 feet of snow, and no where to go. These days I like to read old books, eat, and think. I generally choose not to think. But... What was. And, not think what was not. I wanted to go cat fishing today before the cold air snaps. A grand outing it was. Brought a bucket of worms, a pile of hooks and a sack of sinkers. The bite started a slow pick. As the sun dropped below the horizon the catfish started to pick. I wanted a catfish dinner and of course some catfish action into the night. One cool thing about fall. You don't have to wait long for dark. Not cool about winter. However, winter has its perks. Get out do it and get it done! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
12 Oct 2021 12:16 #5435 by JerryRuff

Bait Fishing - WIND SURFERS SWEPT OUT & RESCUED AT SEA - A Day On the Beach. I always say the sea is a dangerous place. If you are fishing, swimming, wind surfing, or even walking you are never a match for the sea. With fair fishing one can always enjoy the sea. But the sea does not care. This day 3 wind surfers were swept out in heavy currents. They managed back after cutting gear and a rescue pursued. Helicopters, ambulances and boats all involved. Oh, the memories I have with them. Everyone well at the end of the day. All that counts. Tomorrow. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
14 Oct 2021 12:07 - 16 Oct 2021 13:05 #5436 by JerryRuff

BIG NYC STRIPED BASS FISHING - FALL RUN NEW YORK CITY 44" SURF STRIPER - The HAIL MARY BAIT. The old Hail Mary. The prayer won many games of all sport. A play has been named after it. The Hail Mary has saved thousands of lives. The prayer brings comfort to Billions. Fisherman of all sort recite the prayer daily. The Hail Mary has caught many a fish of all sort including the great striped bass. The Hail Mary is just a beautiful prayer. Be you believe the words. OR NOT. It is applicable to all faith. Darkness laid over the beach. Bait running thin. Tail pieces and scrap left. Spirit dwindled now a flickering light. All and also is the Hail Mary. Flickering light and belief. Just an amazing thing. The Great Sea in the Sky responds. 44" big beautiful striped bass. I personally have done before, done now, and will do again. One must believe. Otherwise what is to believe in? Just amazing. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

Last Edit: 16 Oct 2021 13:05 by JerryRuff.

• JerryRuff
More
16 Oct 2021 12:28 #5437 by JerryRuff

SURF FISHING for STRIPER - KEEPER STRIPED BASS - LONG ISLAND FALL RUN STRIPERS. The long walk. The long walk is great when your fishing. Just right for this day / night. The long walk took me to the water I wanted to fish. It forced me a solid hour to examine the beach. It lead me into night like a guide. And the walk took me home. The walk, as important as your rod, reel, line and lure. ENOUGH BABEL. Started early. Walked a bit to where I wanted to fish the dusk into dark. Not sure about the bite but I knew I had a shot at dusk and into the night. The sun started to set and a quick bite entailed. Picked a schoolie striper and then a nice keeper striped bass both on the teaser. Sunset and the bite stopped. Shad in the dark. Tell tale of possible big ones. Check the beach at the 2 o'clock moon. Bet some big ones will be out. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
27 Oct 2021 12:56 #5438 by JerryRuff

LONG ISLAND NOR'EASTER STRIPED BASS - THE NASH SURF FISHING BELT CLIP - STRIPER FISHING. Woke up late. Traffic was great. So I decided to fish the heart of the Nor'easter. So nice to start you would never know it was a noreaster. As dark drew in I ran into an old buddy of mine Shaan from Nash Surf fishing. We fished a bit and had a blast. Talked a bit and he landed a beautiful keeper striped bass on a Shimano Coltsnipper minnow. Serious rain feel and we had our fill. Shaan makes these beautiful 2" Stainless Steel Surf Fishing Belt Clips. Just slip on your belt and attach your accessories and your ready to go. Shaan makes them during the winter and if your interested drop him a line on his Instagram www.instagram.com/nashsurffis ... he will take care of you. Can't wait to rig mine up he gave me one to try looks awesome! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
29 Oct 2021 17:02 #5439 by JerryRuff

DAYTIME STRIPED BASS SURF FISHING - LONG ISLAND OPEN BEACH STRIPER. Got out fishing a tad early and glad I did. Had the whole beach to myself. Some casting, more casting and fish on! It was a delight. Some more casting before last light and missed a good shot. Dark fell a lull in the bite. Then wrapped into another 2 striped bass. Then dropped one right in front. So goes fishing! Always a delight. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds