Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2021 12:10 - 11 Sep 2021 12:11 #5419 by JerryRuff

PIER FLY FISHING the ROBERT MOSES & CAPTREE STATE PARK FISHING PIERS. Someday you wake up and just know the fishing is off. Where do you start? I will take advantage of these days to enjoy driving, water, scenery and the rare lunch. I also enjoy fly fishing these days. The fly gear is light and mobile. PERFECT. Waking up feeling as such today I grabbed the fly gear and fly fished the Robert Moses and Captree Fishing Piers. It was WINDY out but certainly workable on the piers. I fished the RM piers a little then hit 3 of the Captree State Park Piers. Actually a bit of life in the water but not a responsive bite.

On the day I missed 2 strikes. One I believe a large snapper bluefish. The other strike I will keep to myself. In the end I hooked up and landed a big shad on the day. I felt blessed. Lunch, driving, fly fishing, water. Pick your order and that's how you spend an off day. If your looking for a blowfish or kingfish they are a definite possibility at both piers. Or, You can always fish at night, lots of life in there! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2021 12:11 by JerryRuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
14 Sep 2021 12:26 #5420 by JerryRuff

1,000,000 BLOWFISH (PUFFER FISH) - PIER FISHING for PUFFER FISH with KINGFISH FLUKE & SEA BASS. There have been lots of blowfish around and I had to check out the pier fishing action. The blowfish were out and willing to bite. Small blowfish but just as fun as the big ones. I could only imagine the sea floor lined with puffer fish. Drop after drop I had a single or double blowfish. Just amazing. Clam or squid bait did the trick. Could have filled a bucket up with the beautiful creatures. Had some kingfish, fluke and sea bass as well but all about the blowfish today. Will have to do again, soon! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
15 Sep 2021 21:49 #5421 by JerryRuff
Some kingfish and the biggest puffer yet! Other stuff out there fun fishing!

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
16 Sep 2021 12:48 #5422 by JerryRuff

BIG TRIGGER FISH - Long Island Pier fishing - Late Summer TRIGGERFISH SURF TRIGGERS. Been a while since I caught some Long Island TRIGGERFISH and managed to pull up a big trigger fish today. Right off the old rusted pier. Had to fight threw countless blowfish all day. Actually the big trigger took on the second or third drop! I am sure there are more out there but they are scattered inshore and moving for sure. But the triggers are there. I would to do extremely well shore fishing for triggers before super storm Sandy struck. I don't think I had one since but I have not really been looking for trigger fish either. Any case it was a beauty of a triggerfish!

The rig was perfect. Used a 3 way rig. Clam and squid on the menu. Bait cut small but gloppy. The triggerfish took the clam but they like squid all the same. No real science in that. The science is the hook. I was using a small #10 hook. Triggers have very small mouths even the big ones. Had to fight threw the puffers the rest of the day in hope of another. I knew they were there, just a matter of at them. I can recall catching trigger fish in October. The triggerfish do say its still summer out, enjoy! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
18 Sep 2021 16:45 #5423 by JerryRuff

Late summer Pier Fishing - TRIGGER FISH / TRIGGERFISH - Porgies, Sea Bass, & Puffer Fish. The bait fishing was great. All the sea bass and puffer fish you can catch. Plenty of porgies and of course a beautiful trigger fish. Just been enjoying the pier fishing this week. Always seems to be a surprise. TRIGGER FISH SURPRISE. Did the small hooks, clam and squid bait with mono on reel. Just perfect. Fished till sunset and left the fish biting. Just can't beat a late season surf trigger off any pier. Always a day making fish. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
21 Sep 2021 12:11 #5424 by JerryRuff

Last Late Summer - BIG BAIT BEACH SURF FISHING - Beachgoers, Ocean, Sun & Fun. I love the beach. I love the sun. I love the beachgoers. And we all know I love to fish. Fishing the beach, walking the beach and people on the beach. Late summer, summer ends. Still sun and beach to fish, walk and enjoy. Day gets short, night gets long. Water gets cold, we bundle up. Fall comes, winter goes. Spring is here and summer again. Summer never ends in the end. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
23 Sep 2021 11:32 #5425 by JerryRuff

GROUPER & JACK - EXOTIC LONG ISLAND NY SALTWATER FLY FISHING - BLUEFISH & RARE SPECIES!!!
WOW! I think you all heard that before but I have 2 good "WOW" moments in this video! I caught 2 exotic Long Island species of fish I have never caught before in 1 video! The day started with a needlefish which was pretty cool. I see them all the time but don't really catch them. A bunch of snapper bluefish on the day kept it busy and my flies trimmed short. I soon picked out a jack type fish which was way cool to see! I had a few other jack type fish (almaco and rudderfish) if I remember right but never this particular species. It went on. More snapper bluefish with puffers mixed in. Then if things can't get better picked up a grouper on the fly! I am pretty sure it was some kind of grouper or bass if you know exactly what kind of fish these are in particular please leave a comment. And of course there were plenty of sea bass. 2 Rare exotic Long Island fish species in one day. Jack & Grouper. Wow, just "WOW!!!" Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
25 Sep 2021 02:27 #5426 by JerryRuff
Not a bad night 6 catys. One nice fat white, 3 yellows a brown and a black. All released for once. Was waiting for the fast bite but didn't happen. But heck 6 catys is always pretty good! Never get spoiled from fishing - always enjoy whats in front of you.

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
25 Sep 2021 12:25 #5427 by JerryRuff

Small Pier Bottom Fishing - SEA BASS / KINGFISH / BLOWFISH - Just Pure Fishing. Been on a bottom pier fishing kick the past few weeks and have been really enjoying it all. Fishing small piers, big piers and medium piers. Some fly fishing and beach fishing between but sometimes you can't beat the comfort of a pier. I stopped at this small pier for an hour and fished it good. Lots of stuff down there including sea bass, blowfish and kingfish. I am sure lots of other creatures are lurking below as well but with so much life its hard to get a bait at a big one. Did get the biggest blowfish of the year on this one which was pretty cool! Wrapped it up after an hour and went fly fishing. I think I hit another pier after fly fishing with much the same results. Have to love fishing in its purest form. How we forget. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
28 Sep 2021 10:34 #5428 by JerryRuff

SABIKI SALTWATER FLY FISHING - NEEDLEFISH / JACK CREVALLE - SMACKING WATER with SABIKIS. Some saltwater fly fishing and the bay offered needlefish. I started with a single small #4 clouser crazy Charlie type fly. Lots of swipes and darts around my salty offering. But no hookups. Dug into the bottom of my bag and took out a 2 rung sabiki and connected with fly. Oh man did the sabiki fly work. The casts were short and drawing. Slapping line and sabiki drew the needle fish right in. COMMOTION. A combination of 3 offerings. Some delightful disturbance on the surface and needlefish on. Was also blessed today with a jack again. A very cool fish. Without the sabiki setup I am sure I would have been blessed with one fish. Blessed is blessed. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds