Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Apr 2021 22:49 #5323 by JerryRuff

I must say I can not recall the pocket looking this deep for a good long while. Cut nicely out. Hopefully stays nice and deep.

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
10 Apr 2021 12:32 #5324 by JerryRuff

Bridge Fishing & SPRING GRUBBING - Grubs for Largemouth Bass - Perch - Crappie - Pickerel. You know its spring when the grubs start to sprout. Hit some water I have not fished in well over a decade. Funny how some things just don't change. Sometimes that's a good thing. I worked the 1/16 ounce jig head 3" grub in pumpkinseed and white. 2/3 Of my favorite freshwater colors. The fishing was good with a nice mix of largemouth bass, perch, crappie and a drag ripping pickerel. Missed a few as well and that all goes with fishing. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
14 Apr 2021 00:35 #5325 by JerryRuff

A few little guys were bold enough to toss this guy in the air - too small to grab!

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
15 Apr 2021 11:22 #5326 by JerryRuff

Striped Bass Fishing - BANGING SLAMMING POPPING - New York Season Opening Day
. I got out for the striped bass season opener a day early with the intention of fishing some topwater flies. Did some bangers and slammers popped just on the surface. Knew they were going to produced as I watched some little stripers knock them up in the air. Casting, casting and more casting and finally that beautiful slurp only a striper can make all with taught line in hand.

The striped bass are for most certain here and spread out even. Find a nice piece of water, cast a line, and enjoy the fish! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
16 Apr 2021 22:49 #5327 by JerryRuff

Some spin fishing on the river with the ul for ultra lights

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
17 Apr 2021 11:14 #5328 by JerryRuff

SURF FISHING & Early Season STRIPED BASS - Working for DAYTIME STRIPER
. Daytime striped bass fishing can be challenging. Sometimes. And sometimes, daytime striper fishing can be plain productive. In any case it is always interesting and challenging to take a fish or two while other anglers are searching for the next hot nite bite. I had some over cast in favor but the sun was in out out. Some rain and the temps dropped. All made the fishing unseasonable in whole. However, stuck it out and picked a striped bass through the rain, wind, and sun. Open water. No one. One fish. Hundreds of casts, a numb handful of lures and wet wrists. That is something soulfully satisfying to me. Perhaps only to me? Just Grand. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
20 Apr 2021 13:45 #5330 by JerryRuff

Ultra Light Spin Fishing - WILD BROWN TROUT - Spinners & Spoons. Fishing can take you on many journeys. The options are limitless. So I took out the ultra light rod and reel with a pocketful of spoons and spinners. Took a walk down the little river and looked for wild brown trout. Every run race and bend held brown trouts and I would either catch or drop and then off to the next scene. I think I enjoyed watching the water race more then the actual fishing. Or perhaps not. I missed more trouts then I caught easy, but all good with me. Quite thrilling watching the little trout get away and the chance to say howdy do to a few. Just so many ways. Fish Your Way. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
22 Apr 2021 10:36 #5332 by JerryRuff

Ocean Bay & Inlet - STRIPED BASS SURF FISHING - Stormy Days & Calm Nights. The winds were howling and the rain drops were stinging but I felt like fishing. Don't ask. Something in the gut says "stay home" and another in mind says "lets go." Temps were dropping and the surf was nasty so did most of the fishing around the inlet. Pulled one little striped bass. Fished some more, hit some beach, and called it some hours later. On the contrary, a nice warm early spring night fishing the bay. Tossing some minnows and had a couple of striped bass. Missed a few other strikes as well. One nice rap. Gut and mind both say the same into the night. Lucky we get to pick and catch some fish. no other way to do it. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
24 Apr 2021 13:24 #5333 by JerryRuff

Launching the Jon Boat - THE MAIDEN VOYAGE - Testing New Gear & Exploring New Water. WINDY. We all heard that before. And you will hear it again. WINDY. Today I tested some new gear despite the wind. Must have been 30 mph gusts. Not ideal for a flat bottom boat in new water. Regardless and better knowing I still had to get the Jon boat on the water at least a little. Got the Jon boat out on the water and all was great. Have to adjust the oars and that's about it. Not a fishing day but more of a work day. Wanted to explore a bit. Well a lot more but the wind was way much. Fishing came later in the evening. It was a bit of work getting things going but that is all a part of fishing. Always about the next day. And I always thank the good Lord for the next day. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
25 Apr 2021 00:44 #5334 by JerryRuff

Caught my first fish on the fly with this pattern. The first one I did I had no clue what I was doing. Some brown feathers as a tail and wrapped feather body. Basicakky a seducer. Fished it in the West branch Delaware river in 1988 and was over joyed when the smallmouths started to grab. Think after a few the fishing paused grabbed the spinning rod and had some more bass on purple grubs that day. The brown feather reminded me. did a newer version with some clouser eyes, rubber legs and wrapped chenille head or tail portion if you like.

Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds