Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG 2021

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2021 14:30 - 13 Mar 2021 14:40 #5313 by JerryRuff

How to PICK & FISH the BUCKTAIL JIG - JIGGING & FISHING BUCKTAILS - Jigs in Surf Bay & Inlet. I found it difficult making this video. The aspects of the bucktail jig and fishing the bucktail are quietly dynamic. Quietly, as a single well tuned cast. Dynamic, as the ever changing surf. Many important basic and advanced aspects are covered. However, one needs more then a hour time to fully tell the unabridged never ending legendary story book magic of the bucktail jig. We take a look and break down the many aspects of the bucktail jig & jigging using simple charts and visuals with explanation in office and field using your traditional Ruff method. We start with the what, go into where, follow with the how, and dissect the parts keeping a eye on both anatomy and physiology.

WHAT IS A BUCKTAIL JIG 01:36​
PICKING THE RIGHT BUCKTAIL 09:56​
THE BUCKTAIL SET 19:44​
JIGGING & THE BUCKTAIL - 3 WAYS 23:35​
LEADERS, RIGS, KNOTS, CLIPS & LINE 37:45​
!!!BONUS??? 45:45​
OF COURSE the TEASER RIG - 47:30​

It is a lengthy video. For the novice angler new to bucktailing you can watch it all in one sitting or please do watch in parts. You will have a good working knowledge of many aspects of this magical jig in a hours time. For the intermediate angler looking for another perspective, the advanced angler looking to compare, or the arm chair critic looking to criticize I provide a breakdown above so one can concentrate on the part that interests you most with the time you have to spare. Do keep to mind there is an infinite way to work ANY jig. This is just a profoundly small part of day and a generous point for mind. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.
Last Edit: 13 Mar 2021 14:40 by JerryRuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
17 Mar 2021 01:49 #5314 by JerryRuff

HAPPY Freedom of Information Day!!!

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
20 Mar 2021 12:32 #5315 by JerryRuff

WORMS & MINNOWS * Largemouth Bass * GOOD FUN WINTER END FRESHWATER FISHING * Crappie. Here is some good fun late winter freshwater fishing. Been cold out with some warm days between so I let the weather brew and hit the tail end of the warm spell with some worms and minnows. I started slow to find the fish with the plastic worm. A 7" Culprit and then a 4" Culprit and sure did found em. Soon after I clipped off and tied up a #9 Rapala Minnow and the action went in full gear with a nice mix of crappie, largemouth bass and even a bluegill and yellow perch. Worms and minnows now that's freshwater fishing in my book! Some other bass around to but I think I am going to jab about with this a bit, plenty of time for them's later. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
22 Mar 2021 22:22 #5316 by JerryRuff

Took the new old reel out todat just tossing some minnows and topwaters for fun. 5-1 gear ratio, light built tight matched with my old walleye or herring stick1/8-3/4 but have slung 1/16 to 2oz if need be. 10lb Mono just perfect so far. No takers on it but night could be another story!

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
24 Mar 2021 17:14 #5317 by JerryRuff

Would not be spring without territorial crappie and some basses.

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
27 Mar 2021 11:11 #5318 by JerryRuff

The NEW SALTWATER FLY FISHER GUIDE to Fly Fishing Line Leader Knots & Backing. I was asked less then a handful of times to create a video about the fly line, leader, knots, and backing for saltwater fly fishing. To be frank this is a hard question to address. I won't give the same answer every time. The answer is a merge of environment, mood, and spirit all squished into some odd joy. The video is for the new saltwater fly fisherman curious about how all the components of a line system come together. The video touches on the topics of fly line, knots, leader and backing. It is a big starting point and you should come out with a familiarity of each component. I hope the production leaves you with more questions then answers as that is what good fishing is all about and my intention.

THE FLY LINES - 00:28​
KNOTS to KNOW - 08:15​
THE FLY LEADER - 14:00​
FLY REEL BACKING - 18:20​
NIGHT FISHING - 20:55​

I most truly believe if you have watched this video you already have the fly fishing bug. And I am even more sure you will be successful in your new found fly fishing endeavors. You made it through material what most other folks would call a dull tedious undertaking. Something special about being a fisher and you have it. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
27 Mar 2021 17:56 #5319 by JerryRuff

Fishing with S-Curves downstream at a unlikely spot. WINDY OUT!!!

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
30 Mar 2021 02:57 #5320 by JerryRuff

The things I ponder.... Mr. Twister or Power Grub?

Attachments:

• JerryRuff
More
01 Apr 2021 11:57 #5321 by JerryRuff

Fighting & Fishing Through NONSTOP CRAPPIE to Back Up Some LARGEMOUTH BASS. It was a crappie day with some decent largemouth bass on the big lake. Started with fishing the black worm and finished with the black worm and should have stuck with the black worm. The Rapala minnow did a job on the crappie they just would not stay away from it. Tried a bigger #13 and they still railroaded it. But picked another decent bass on it. Finally finished before the sun set with a few smaller worms back to a 7" worm and another big mouth bass. Fished seemed to be laid out out well and even. The job today was getting through some fun crappie for the bass. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• JerryRuff
More
03 Apr 2021 13:53 #5322 by JerryRuff

Fishing Ocean Bay & Inlet - TACKLE TESTING the REPAIRS on a Cold Windy Day. It was cold and windy out and a perfect day to test some tackle repairs. Had to seal my booties and fixed my neoprene gloves. Also played with some lures and had a little action at night. The repairs were perfect dry as a bone and good to go. Tested in hopefully the last extreme conditions. Always good to get out but I say so long you don't get hypothermia. Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.946 seconds