Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon Keep off jetty sign at WE

• Fly Right
  • Fly Right's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2019 23:16 #4985 by Fly Right
A co-worker of mine just showed me a picture of a sign at WE that said "Keep of Jetty". Why is this happening? Does anybody have any info on this? I've been fishing that spot for years as most of us here have has well I assume. This is a load of crap if they are serious about this. As the years go by its not getting any better. Less access, more regulation, just more crap. But maybe I'm overthinking this and this sign is just to cover the States ass if something goes wrong again like when the fisherman drowned last month. Maybe this isn't goin to be enforced but I have been hearing of people seeing more of a police presence since the drowning. I just don't know what to make of this but I wonder what could be the next thing they will restrict. So does anybody have any insight on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2019 01:36 #4986 by JerryRuff
Hi Joe, "Less access, more regulation, just more crap," could not agree more. I do not know exactly why but my best guess would be that it is related the to incident last month. There has been danger signs in the past but I can not recall any with a no fishing logo on them. Hopefully it would be the park just covering itself for any liability but I think a caution sign would suffice. I must add that surfing and water jets just seem far more dangerous then fishing.

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

More
06 Nov 2019 20:52 #4988 by Timmah
I saw they have put up new chain linked fences and new gates by the east side of the parking lot as well. Not sure if it's a temporary thing or permanent.
Attachments:

More
07 Nov 2019 21:58 - 07 Nov 2019 22:14 #4992 by Rathipon
This is some serious BS. There has to be some sort of non-profit that defends fishing access, right? The only thing that is going to change this is a lawsuit. Limiting access to a spot that has been used by thousands of anglers for decades is arbitrary and capricious. Never mind that there has been no process, no opportunity for stakeholders to weigh in. I’m sure people drown every year at Jones Beach and they aren’t about to close it off to swimming. What about heart attacks on their jogging paths? This nanny state crap is absolutely infuriating.
Last Edit: 07 Nov 2019 22:14 by Rathipon.

More
10 Nov 2019 03:06 #5004 by Timmah
narchitects.com/work/jones-beach/
Energy Nature Center plan

More
10 Nov 2019 11:21 - 10 Nov 2019 12:36 #5005 by inmyspot
east parkinglot WE 2 gates are lock now!!!! have to park in other lot.
Last Edit: 10 Nov 2019 12:36 by inmyspot.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds