Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon A RUFF BLOG - 2019

• JerryRuff
  • JerryRuff's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Dec 2019 12:12 #5043 by JerryRuff

Fishing CANARSIE PIER in Brooklyn NY - HERRING FISHING NYC - Jamaica Bay - NEW YORK CITY. I like to make a stop at Canarsie Pier in Brooklyn NY when I am fishing around Jamaica bay. Sometimes to see what is going on, other times to get out of traffic for a while and lastly but my favourite - to cast a line and fish! Today I got done fishing and was caught in old fashion NYC traffic so I stopped at Canarsie Pier in Brooklyn NY to round up some herring for dinner. I got to see a beautiful sunset over the New York City back drop and catch a nice portion of herring as the traffic slowly died off. The herring fishing was slow by standard but good in my book. My objective was fulfilled in 3 ways. Now its time to clean some herring.

Pier fishing is just plain fun. BUT piers are quite useful for more then just fishing. A pier is a plethora of information as to what is going on in a larger area. A quick casual stop at your local pier near your fishing grounds is a great barometer to the fishing in a general area. You get a great sample of data. Piers are easy access so many good folk utilize them and effectively fish them. A good walk around and you now know what is going on and you can fish it or later hit your favourite honey hole with a broader knowledge of activity in the area. Have to love fishing piers and all the folks who fish them! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it.

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JerryRuff
More
31 Dec 2019 20:57 #5052 by JerryRuff
Some new Years Eve herring fishing today and they are still about. Fished about 1.5 hours and enough time to round up new years dinner.

• JerryRuff
More
01 Jan 2020 13:00 #5053 by JerryRuff

CROSS BAY BRIDGE Queens NY - HERRING FISHING NYC - New York City & Urban TRANQUILITY. Spent a grand New Years Eve fishing for herring at the famous Cross Bay Bridge in Queens New York City, NY. Forget the crowds of Times Square. I wanted the urban tranquility only a NYC fishing hole can offer while watching the herring drop. The fishing was spotty yet solid as tight groups of herring filled the sabiki rig. For every 2 herring I dropped 2 herring. TIGHT, yet sparse groups of herring. I will take that.

I also wanted to create this herring video as I had a few questions about herring fishing. Per the sabiki rig and how I fish it. Today was pretty much a up down vertical drop and jig. I also address how to find herring quickly - people, scales and discarded sabiki BUT none were about today just fishing from the gut. I always say find the people and you found the herring but that need not always be the case. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have fun out there and we are always happy to share our experiences with all those around the world and hope you enjoyed the video as much as we did making it and remember always - Fish Your Way!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.652 seconds