Latest Action by Jones Beach

***YOU MUST NOW  CREATE A USERNAME TO LOG IN TO VIEW REPORTS***

FISHJONESBEACH --  A PLACE FOR ALL TO EXPERIENCE, LEARN AND SHARE -- FISH YOUR WAY!

× Welcome to the Fish Jones Beach forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Topic-icon Welcome to Fish Jones Beach!

More
30 Sep 2015 00:41 #667 by splava
What's up fellow surfcasters! This is Matt signing on to introduce myself and to say hello. I'm super excited about this forum. For me I'm always looking to learn from others who share this passion for fishing. 3yrs ago a buddy of mine brought me out with him to Captree. Once I saw what was going on I immediately was hooked. This spring was a lot of fun as well as a learning experience for me. I live on the north shore close to the kings park bluffs so if there is any action close by i will report details if it helps out the fishing community. I hope with all this anticipation the fall run will be productive. Only time will tell right? Well keep those lines tight and enjoy the fishing.
Take care,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2015 13:05 #668 by JB_Fish
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

More
24 Oct 2015 21:08 #853 by AutoBodyGuy
Hello all. I've been spending some time on here poking around some of the posts..I finally decided to join up. I haven't been fishing in a really long time (over 5-8years), but this year I've caught the fishing bug again. Been out on the party boats a few times this year but I'm looking to broaden my horizons. For starters I'm very interested in learning how to get involved with surf casting. Although I haven't found any articles or info on here for beginners or maybe not looking in the right places. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially for what kind of gear to wear and the like.
Thanks in advance for any help.

More
24 Oct 2015 22:34 #854 by JB_Fish
Welcome to the site! Anything you want to know in particular? You can work with some of the gear you already have save some money. What kinda fishing you looking to do? Some bass around now and blues may pass anytime. Again welcome to FJB!

More
24 Oct 2015 23:23 #855 by AutoBodyGuy
Hey Jb thanks for the reply. Looking to go out on the beach/jetty o do some fishing. Would love to hook up some stripers. Don't have or know what kinda gear I'd need to do it. Any thoughts??

More
25 Oct 2015 13:21 #856 by JB_Fish
I guess would depend on your budget and where /how your gonna fish. Maybe look for a 10' med hvy 2-4oz rod with a 4000-5000 sized reel loaded with 30-40 braid for casting lures. Bait you may want to go heavier with a 2-8 hvy 10' rod and 6000-8000 sized reel and some 2/0-8/0 hooks and 2oz-8oz weights and leader. I think about it, a really in depth question.

You may want to start a thread in tips/tricks section as i am sure you have some more questions! Hope this helps a little, check on ebay for gear you get some good deals but you cant really hold it so you don’t know what it feels like.

More
25 Oct 2015 21:46 #865 by JerryRuff

AutoBodyGuy wrote: Hello all. I've been spending some time on here poking around some of the posts..I finally decided to join up. I haven't been fishing in a really long time (over 5-8years), but this year I've caught the fishing bug again. Been out on the party boats a few times this year but I'm looking to broaden my horizons. For starters I'm very interested in learning how to get involved with surf casting. Although I haven't found any articles or info on here for beginners or maybe not looking in the right places. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially for what kind of gear to wear and the like.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forum!

Fish!!! - Best advice I ever got.

More
19 Apr 2016 22:30 #1153 by TM
i have some suggestions which i think are pretty decent if you are on a budget like i am

More
26 May 2016 13:54 #1326 by LuudNL
Hi All, my name is Ludo. I live now for about 2 years in the USA, came here for my job. I had only experience with fresh water fishing (Carb), so the salt water fishing is still new for me. Been fishing on Jones Beach for about 1 year. Last week I was fighting with my first blue fish. Try to be at the beach at least ones a week. I’m following this site now for a while I thought it would be nice to join.

• AdminJonesBeach
  • AdminJonesBeach's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 May 2016 14:16 #1327 by AdminJonesBeach

LuudNL wrote: Hi All, my name is Ludo. I live now for about 2 years in the USA, came here for my job. I had only experience with fresh water fishing (Carb), so the salt water fishing is still new for me. Been fishing on Jones Beach for about 1 year. Last week I was fighting with my first blue fish. Try to be at the beach at least ones a week. I’m following this site now for a while I thought it would be nice to join.

Welcome to the site Ludo its a good time to get on some fish ot there

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: JerryRuffTimmah
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds